Monthly Archives: May 2014

Pool cue case

For quite some time I’ve wanted to make a case for my pool cue. Last summer I finally found the time to do some experiments. The first two photos are the unfinished case and the end result is seen in the last two photos. The case is made from pine coated with clear lacquer and lined with green velvet.

I added a small compartment at the end to give room for a piece of chalk, glove or whatever. I’m quite proud of the result but as with most of my stuff I get a lot of ideas for improvements during the process so I might make another case later on. I have no plans available for this case since I designed as I was working so I can’t offer a download of a plan.

Unfinished pool cue case

Unfinished pool cue case

Unfinished pool cue case 2

Unfinished pool cue case 2

Finished pool cue case

Finished pool cue case

Finished pool cue case 2

Finished pool cue case 2

Corner table

Here is my first attempt to make a piece of furniture from a few years back. It’s a corner table made from pine. The tabletop is a quarter circle with radius of 60 centimeters and the shelf is a quarter circle with radius of 40 centimeters. The finish is just two times clear lacquer.

Corner table

Corner table

That crazy chair (Kentucky chair)

This post shows a chair I made from pine for a friend of mine a few years ago. I found the plans for it on the Internet and it looked interesting so I decided to make one just for fun. The original site where I found the plans doesn’t exist any more but the plans can be downloaded from www.woodworkcity.com using this link – notice that they actually used my original photo seen below in the pdf-file. πŸ˜€

That crazy chair (Kentucky chair)

That crazy chair (Kentucky chair)

That crazy chair (Kentucky chair) side view

That crazy chair (Kentucky chair) seen from the side

As seen in the photos I detoured from the original plans. I stead of using a wire I ended up using 6 millimeter threaded rods for assembly because I couldn’t find a good way of locking the wire. The result is that my chair isn’t capable of being folded as the original was.

Despite the odd appearance it’s actually rather comfortable (you wouldn’t believe that at first glance).

Wooden clock – part 5

If you missed part 4 please find it here.

The weight

I’ve been experimenting a little with the shape and size of the weight. I started with a temporary box adding weight until the clocks motion was stable. Then I decided to make the hexagonal box from plywood with a volume of about 350 cubic centimeters and my friend Mogens helped me by casting a lead block inside the box. The final weight is about 2.5 kilo and pulls the clock nicely.

The final weight for the clock

The final weight for the clock

The finished clock

The clock is finished! It’s been a great challenge for me and has required some patience on my part but I think the result was worth the trouble and hard work. I’ve had some mishaps during the work, solved problems and redesigned some parts but it’s been an experience and has made me better at using my scroll saw.

Finished clock

Finished clock

Finished clock close up

Finished clock close up

Finished clock seen from the side

Finished clock seen from the side

Just to prove that it actually works I’ve made a small film hanging on our wall in the living room. ClickΒ here to watch the movie (about 15 MB).

Thank you for following my experiments. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading about it it as much as I have enjoyed making it. Now I just need to find another project… πŸ˜‰